This week: Crazy summit records in Colorado, quirky rides at Interbike, forest fires, and more.
Every Friday, gather here for the latest “Weekly Campfire,” in which we recap our most popular stories, plus articles and news that we think you’ll find interesting.
News and Stories From Around the Web
- Justin Simoni rode and climbed Colorado’s 100 tallest peaks.
- Alyson Kirk became the second female to summit all of Colorado’s peaks over 12,000 feet. (That’s 1,313 peaks!)
- There were lots of quirky bikes on display at Interbike, a massive biking expo, in Las Vegas last week.
- The Eagle Creek forest fire in Oregon is now about 46% contained.
- Recently released report from Department of the Interior shows the plastic bottle ban in national parks was eliminating up to 2 million bottles per year — until President Trump rescinded it.
The Latest From The Dyrt
- Permits, get your permits! We’ve rounded up 5 backcountry permits you’ll want to register for ASAP.
- These sandals are like sticking your feet in a cloud, and The Dyrt rangers are loving them.
- There’s now a hitch rack for your bike that doesn’t block access to your trunk or back doors. #Vanlifers rejoice!
The Dyrt Camper Photo of The Week
Happy camping, and we’ll see you at The Weekly Campfire next week!