The Dyrt is seeking a creative PR Specialist to join our growing team in Portland, OR. In this role, you will be working closely with The Dyrt’s founders to develop and implement PR strategy. As the PR specialist, you will be focused on executing a variety of tasks from writing press releases, to pitching media, and creating presentations.
Who We Are
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more than 100,000 user-generated campground reviews — that’s more than anyone else on the web. We’re successfully changing the way 60 million Americans search for campgrounds in the same way that Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also solves the pain of authentic consumer connection for 100’s of outdoor brands. Using our nationwide community of campers, The Dyrt Rangers (200+ super users who test our partners’ products in the field), and our proprietary User Generated Content, The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience.
What You’ll Do
- Manage The Dyrt’s pitching calendar and help ideate creative pitch angles for consumer press
- Manage the company’s speaking program by helping secure regular speaking opportunities for The Dyrt founders at key business, technology, and industry events
- Manage The Dyrt’s awards program by researching and submitting applications for industry, technology, leadership awards to promote the company
- Assist the team in externally launching company news and key announcements
- Draft press materials to support The Dyrt’s media outreach efforts, including press releases, media alerts, pitches, media lists and announcement recaps
- Document on a weekly basis overall coverage, impressions, tone etc
- Assist with research as needed and remain current on industry trends
The Skills You Need
- 3-4+ years of experience working in public relations
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or related field preferred
- Experience pitching and working with press contacts
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Adaptable to changing, fast-paced environment
Ability to think strategically and be a strong executor
- The ability to work from our Portland, Oregon office.
- A love for the outdoors is a plus!
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Portland Oregon office. Greater Portland area applicants will be given first consideration.
Please send cover letter and resume to j[email protected] We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “PR Specialist”.
From tech jobs to writing jobs to client services jobs – see all the job openings at The Dyrt here!