The Dyrt is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team. As a UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for working closely with our product and development team to provide the best possible product for our users. We are seeking a great coworker in addition to a great Designer – humor, passion, flexibility and the desire to innovate matter.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more than 100,000 user-generated campground reviews, photos, and videos. We’re successfully changing the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds, just like Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also works with outdoor brands to build communities and help them connect with customers. The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience. The Dyrt produces stories for those brands on The Dyrt Magazine. It’s important that these sponsored stories are offering value to our readers and value to our partners, while also aligning with our own brand.
Your primary job responsibility will include providing clear, UX friendly and attractive designs. You will work with both the product and development teams through the development cycle to ensure that the finished product we release is simple to use and aesthetically pleasing.
- Strong portfolio of eye-catching, user-contributed image/information driven designs
- Strong Sketch skills
- Familiarity with native app limitations and user expectations around native application controls
- Familiarity with responsive web design, specifically the limitations and problems that arise from smaller screens
- Willingness to work within our existing design system while slowly improving it
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with outdoor/camping culture, its lingo, and expectations
- Must have your own computer
Nice To Have
- Experience with checkout flows
- Experience with booking/reservation systems
- Experience working in a fast, highly iterative startup environment
- CSS and HTML, in so far as understanding the limitations therein.
- Work with Founders/CTO on new feature pipeline
- Initiate requirements gathering from stakeholders for feature definition
- Create wireframes/storyboards/screen flows and seek sign-off from stakeholders
- Implement designs for our web and mobile app
- Seek approvals for and iterate on designs until stakeholder sign-off
- Hand-off to developers and support developers during implementation
- Review of developed features, design QA
- Conduct usability testing, suggest improvements, plan iterations
- Work with Web and Mobile Developers to improve existing designs and identify design drift
- Work with Web Developers to create a living style guide
- Work with Founders/CTO to create branding guidelines
- Organize and maintain design assets such as Sketch files and Sketch libraries
- All other company-wide design needs, such as ads, publications etc.
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Portland Oregon office. Greater Portland area applicants will be given first consideration.
Please send cover letter and resume and link to portfolio to [email protected] We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “UI/UX Designer”
From tech jobs to writing jobs to client services jobs – see all the job openings at The Dyrt here!